Decoration Furniture That Looks Like a Drum
eBayer money4u860 ( 64) is offering what looks like a piece of living room decoration as eBay item no. 320433612013. Unfortunately, the item is described as possibly being a CW era drum which, in my humble opinion, it decidedly is not.
Here are a few things "wrong' with the drum:
1. Dimensions: 25" x 11". The playing surface is about as big as a drum pad. Enough said?
2. Emblazonment: Looks too clean and modern, possibly a decal.
3. Finish: Reflected light shows the shell to have a textured satin-like woven surface, somewhat akin to cardboard.
4. Snare Head: There is none. It looks like a piece of wood that has been drilled for an electric cord, perhaps for a lamp.
5. Snares: There are none, and the bottom counterhoops do not exhibit a cut-out.
THIS IS A VERY UNIQUE CIVIL WAR ERA MARCHING BAND DRUM FROM 9TH REG. WITH GREAT DETAIN IN SUPERB CONDITION I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT DRUMS YET THERE ARE MANY PICTURE FOR A PERSON OF MORE KNOWLEDGE OR INTEREST TO VIEW THE DRUM IS 25 INCHES TALL AND 11 INCHES ROUND IT HAD GREAT AMERICANA SYMBLE ON THE SIDE IT HAS RIVITS AND LATCHES ROPE AND LEATHER PIECES I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS A REPRODUCTION OR ORIGINAL IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF I HAVE NOT EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT I WILL EXCEPT ANY BEST OFFER THAT IS REASONABLE PREFERABLY BY A PERSON WHO KNOWS THE REAL VALUE I SEEN DRUMS WORST THAN THIS ON EBAY FOR OVER 3000 DOLLARS SO I WILL LIST MINE STARING AT 999.00 WITH OPTION OF BEST OFFER THANKS FOR BIDDING ON ALL MY AUCTIONS AND BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.
In my opinion, this is not a musical instrument, merely a piece of decoration meant to look like a drum.
What is your opinion?