June Firearms Auction Day 2 by Rock Island Auction Company
June 27, 2015, 9:00 AM CST
Rock Island, IL, USA
Lot 2139: Grouping of Three Snare Drums, Two Bugles and Assorted Accouterments
Estimated Price: $900 - $1,400
Description: Grouping of Three Snare Drums, Two Bugles and Assorted Accouterments Lot of three antique drums, two pairs of drumsticks, drum accouterments and two bugles.
1) Snare drum that measures 14" diameter and 7" high. A tag taped to the drum states that has a label inside for Werner Soistman of Philadelphia, dated 4-15-1865. This label is not visible through the vent hole. The drum has been restored with new ropes and stretchers. The painted floral scroll head bands appear to have original designs and paint. Condition: Fine as restored.
2) Snare drum that measures 16" in diameter and 12 3/4" in height with a brass body and red head bands. Condition: Fine to good with areas of discoloration overall.
3) Snare drum that measures 17 1/2" in diameter and 12 1/2" in height with a walnut body and wood/metal head bands. Condition: Fair needing major restoration.
4) Brass bugle measuring 14 1/4" in length and marked "U.S. REGULATOR/MADE IN U.S.A." with light blue cord wrap around the bottom tubes. Condition: good to very good with an aged patina.
5) Brass and copper bugle measuring 12" in length with small chain attached to mouthpiece.
Condition: Very good with a minor aged patina. Lot includes two sets of drumsticks (one set black, one set walnut) and other drum accouterments. Manufacturer: None